On 6/2/11 8:39 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

When it comes to top posting, the guidelines aren't fond of that.  :-)

Ahhhhhh.......  apparently there is some confusion. This is what I rae:

"Just write a mail, You would like to read from very top to very bottom
line by line."

The basic premise against the top posting is you read the answer and
then have to go look for the question.  It does feel "backwards" to me
to do it that way.

Sauce for the goose as it were.  Thre isn't a lawyer, doctor or
bureaucrat that has not had to learn how to read from the top down....
but that is not the point. Let the utility of one's style draw the
see it,  hit the delete button. No worries.

Which I had to do to know which of my comments you were replying to.   :-)

And that is one reason why lists are sometimes less effective than other
means of communication. Conversation requires active listening skills,
as it were. Those too lazy won't read Kant; remind me to let him know he
needs to change up his prose style ;)