I'm using LibreOffice 27.8.0.3 on a Debian/Testing (forky) AMD64 system.
The problem I'm trying to solve is to test to see if a cell contains a
string contained in another cell.
e.g. =sumifs(rangetosum, rangetotest, cellcontainingvaluetotest).
The reason I'm using sumifs is that there are actually several tests I
want to make. However they all work except the important one.
say, for example, ellcontainingvaluetotest contains a person's name
while rangetotest lists the people who attended a particular event out
of multiple events. Each cell in rangetotest has multiple unique names,
I can test with wildcards using a hardcoded name (e,g. "testname*") or
without wildcards using the cell name. However that should only be
returning the sum for cells with that name as the first in the list.
However *testname*" returns a 0 as the the sum. Similarly "&celltotest"
and variations with an asterisk before and after the &celltotest also
return a 0 as the sum.
How can I get the test to return "found" if the name is somewhere other
than at the start of the cell?
Thanks.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: users+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Context
- [libreoffice-users] using wildcards and redirection in calc SUMIFS · Gary Dale
Privacy Policy |
Impressum (Legal Info) |
Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (
MPLv2).
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our
trademark policy.