El jue, 17-09-2026 a las 13:02 +0200, Raul Claro escribió:
Hello, I did a very stupid thing with my Thunderbird Programm: too
quickly I tried the font csmy10, without realizing that it is wholy
unreadable.
So now everything in Thunderbird is unreadable - and therefore
unchangeable...
I tried a reinstallation, but since that leaves all my changes
intact,
I still have the problem.
I could purge Thunderbird and thus remove all my changes, but I am
afraid all my emails would be then gone.
I wonder if I could deinstall the font csmy10 (I find no package in
Debian with that name). But what would then happen? Would
Thunderbird
use another readable font?
Do you think you can help me (at present I am using claws as
mail-program)
Thanks
Raul Claro
Not sure how this wound up on a LibreOffice list, but a couple of
things you can do.
Yes, you can uninstall the csmy10 font and TB should fall back to some
sort of default.
If that does not work, look for the TB configuration file in your home
directory. I don't use TB, but assume it will be in a subdirector of
the hidden .mozilla, like Firefox. If you cannot change the font
there, just rename the configuration file and TB should create a new
"default" configuration file to which you can copy elements of your
old one or simply configure from scratch.
Roy