I need help to print address labels from my database. I have had it
working e.g. a year ago, but now I am having trouble. My database
Mariadb10 on a backend server and Base on my frontend desktop.
I have followed the following procedure (as last year)
1. From Base (adresslisten database) select File → New → Labels
2. In window ‘Labels’ check that source of data and fields under
‘Label text:” is as desired and select Table Query Q_labels_Xmas (ie.
the one set up for labels)
3. If not, choose Table and Database fields as desired, moving
fields into Label Text box
4. Select Format ‘Sheet’
5. Select Brand (z.B. Herma A4) and Type (z.B. 4278) of labels
6. Check Tab Format of labels, in particular the left margin should
be at least 0,55 cm and top margin 2,25 cm (in case of Herma 4278
7. Tab ‘Options’ are ‘Entire page’ and ‘Synchronise contents’
8. Click ‘New Document’
9. In Writer document click page navigator ‘First Mail Merge Entry’
to highlight the related line of icons.
10. Before generating the labels (point 13) got to the File>Printer
Settings>Options and check the box ‘Left pages’ in order to suppress
the generation of blank right pages.
11. Click icon ‘Edit individual Documents’. All labels should now
appear in a new untitled document
12. Save the document for later printing or print directly
All fields appear in the Writer as expected.
However, step 9 fails, there is no response to synchronising with the
database data. There is no response to going to the first data record.
There is also no response at step 11. There is also no response to
I am using:
Version: 220.127.116.11 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.14; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-GB
What am I missing? Any ideas?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- [libreoffice-users] Printing labels from LO-Base · Harvey Nimmo
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy