Help no longer needed. The label fields had to be re-entered. I could
not (did not) recognise that they did not have a connection to the
database in spite of the fact that all fields were still present from
previous uses. I suppose it must have something to do with the loss of
database registration (during OS/LO updates?)

Problem solved.