On 2021-02-17 04:06, sophi wrote:

Just to let you know, we, at TDF, are working on replacing the Ask forum
by Discourse. We have had a test period with the members regularly
answering on Ask. If Discourse is not fully replacing a Q&A forum, it is
the most appropriate at the moment and we can extend it to serve other
purposes on the future.
The difficulty is currently to migrate the Ask archive to Discourse, but
that will be worked out by our infra team on the next months.

Looks interesting, and seems to have potential to subsume also the mailing list system. (It needs
to be integrated with a MTA, which it does not provide, but merging web and mailing list forums
seems to be an explicit objective.) If so, that could solve the problem of which forum (AskLibO or
mailing list) to use for a question. Is the intent to also migrate the mailing lists to Discourse?

BTW, it was amusing to learn that not everyone is a fan. The Wikipedia description is the third hit on a
search "discourse forum" in both DuckDuckGo and Google, but they summarize it differently:
        Google:     "Discourse is an open source Internet forum and mailing list management software
application ..."
        DuckDuckGo: "Discourse is an awful open source Internet forum and mailing list management
software application ..."
:-)
FWIW, I look forward to seeing it,
-John