Dave,

Like Rob, I've never had a problem with the mechanics of asking on AskLibO, but a few weeks ago asked a
"meta"-question related to yours ("LO help communities", Jan.21, if you want to look it up in
Nabble): How to determine the best place to ask a question. LO has a rich panoply of help resources -- most notably
AsLibO and this list, with some great people sharing their knowledge on both, but usually (with notable exceptions)
staying within one venue. [AskLibO tends to get more traffic than this list.]

Given that diversity, and the fact that time is limited, it's perfectly reasonable that people with
knowledge, and a conscientious willingness to share it, simply won't see questions for which they
might have answers. I don't know how to mitigate that problem, because I don't know how to
integrate the web-based AskLibO with a mailing list (or even with the web-based Nabble forum).

Reading between lines of the archives, I infer that the Ask system is or was a project of Drew
Jensen, who has been extremely helpful also as a content contributor to LO in lots of ways,
including on this list (and the earlier OO list), as well as on AskLibO. Your LO email address
indicates that you may know him or have worked with him. Maybe you could take it up with him
directly on both these issues. Likely he has answers about your posting problems, and he may have
thoughts, from his Ask experience, about the number of questions that don't make it to the full
range of people with answers. If there are concerns in TDF about the Ask system, that could be a
particularly apt discussion at this time.

John