Hi Anne,

I don't want to use absolute addressing, in order to keep the database
portable, but I seem to have got the relative addressing wrong.  The
attached image shows the structure as it stands at the moment.  The URL
I'm giving is in the format ..\Images\someImage.jpg - btw, backslash or
forward slash?  I'm guessing I need to change them all to forward slash.

With a graphical control in a form you will get the ralative address -
not the absolute. It will work on other systems the same way. I have
designed a database with many images here at home with my Linux-system
and put it at scool (teacher) on a Windows-system. Works right there.

Q1 - have I put the Image directory in the best place?

Q2 - can you give me an example reference, please.

have put this example to the last post:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/External_Images.zip

If you have problems with this example please write a direct mail to me.

Regards

Robert