On 06/03/2018 16:16, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Anne,

Hi, Robert.

the Base-Handbook you are using is very old. Just some days ago the
new German Base-Handbuch for LO 6.0 has been published - nearly 600
pages.

I'll watch out for a more recent version, then.  I downloaded a copy of
the Handbook today, thinking it might be later, but it turned out to be
the same 4.0 version.  I'll scout around tomorrow.

The Base-Handbook conbtains a chapter for changing an internal
database to an external database. It is a part of the attachment.

That would have been very useful.  As it was, I had to start entirely
afresh, as I couldn't find any help.

It is better to use a link to the images than to include the images
into the database itself. The control for images will show the
external image and could be used to read the path to external images
to connect to the field - without any macro. There must only be a
varchar-field in the table, which is connected to the image-control.

That doesn't sound too difficult.  I'm currently checking the image
files - it seems that only a small number are too big, but they are MUCH
too big.  After I'm sure I have that sorted, I'll go back to the Form
creation.

Just to clarify - I gather I need to add a field <Image> where I have at
the moment only the text/URL field.  I then try to set up the control
for the image so that it reads the url and displays the image.  Have I
got that right?  Test time, tomorrow.

AnneW