Hi, Regina,

Yes, I'm in Writer.

Why am I using a text box? Because there is this nice (or not so nice, depending on the icon set) icon in the toolbar area that says "Insert Text Box". There's no indication the icon refers to a graphic object as opposed to a text object/frame. Using the word "Text" logically implies you will be working with text, and not graphics.

Digging a little deeper...

Right click on the frame. At the bottom of the context box, it says "Object", not "Frame". And it really should say "Frame Properties" so the context box entry accurately describes what the link will take you to.

Occasionally, I have had the same dialog box come up when right clicking on a text box, but I can't reliably reproduce this.

Create a text frame the width of the page text area. Height appears to be unimportant. Put a border on the bottom of the frame. (This is for reference only, so you can see what happens.) Set the Vertical position for Bottom to the page text area.

And look at that... There's a gap between the frame and the page margin. :-)

There's a similar problem with an inserted image. Do similar to the text frame, but position vertically to the top of the page area. Add a caption below the image, and the image position is no longer next to the top margin of the page.

Now that you have a caption, the image position shifts away from the top margin.

FWIW, with what I'm currently creating in LO, if I was being paid to create documents similar to this, I would use, and recommend, a page layout program. :-) But this gets me what I need to know and learn, so I'm using LO.