On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:02:49 +1300
Steve Edmonds <steve.edmonds@ptglobal.com> wrote:

On 24/09/17 06:21, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 05:17:01 -0700
"John R. Sowden" <jsowden@americansentry.net> wrote:

A few months ago, I asked about printing envelopes.  All I got was
explaining how LO does it.  Finally someone said LO only prints one
envelope for one document, not 100 envelopes with a custom return
address.

well, i found the solution, in a program that I have been running
for about 2 years with great success, glabels.  instead of a
label, there is an option for a #10 envelope.  glabels works
great.  I have been using it to print large mailing labels on 9x12
document envelopes.

hope this helps someone else,

john
I just looked at installing it, but it wants to install 13
dependencies including two to get weather information (?!), two for
geocoding (?!) and nine for the Evolution Data Server, whatever
that is. I can't see why any of those should be necessary to print
labels, so I won't be installing it. Thanks for suggesting it
though, it may help others.
Evolution is Gnome's default PIM data storage center.
May be the geocoding is related to determination of a factor from the
addresses (postcode?) and weather affects how many licks to seal the
envelope. steve

:)

FWIW, I just downloaded the glabels 3.4.0 source package and compiled
it. Evolution Data Server is optional and I didn't choose to install
it. Without that I saw no sign of the build requiring geocoding or
weather, but then I didn't include any barcode support either so maybe
that or something else was relevant. The only thing I had to do extra
was sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib

In short, my complaint is apparently to do with my distro's packaging
rather than the software itself.

It has a long list of Avery labels, BTW ...