Hi, Remy,

I was going for 4 columns 1.75" wide, and 3 columns .25" wide. Table width was set a 8" wide, frame set at 8" wide.

The dimensions I used came from using a ruler on a page of labels.

After reading your message, decided on a different approach on the dimensions, a purely math approach. Gave me dimensions of less than a tenth of an inch for everything.

Finally I was able to get the width of the table to work, but not on the first try. But the small box that is supposed to tell you how much space is left never changed from 0, so that was worthless as a guide.

As for the total height of the table, the difference in height is inconsequential if you are printing on plain paper. But if you are printing on precut labels, it is consequential depending on the contents of each label.

Your result with the 3" high rows has been that way for years. And the text used in the menu for row and column distribution is the same, the results you get are not.

I've never been able to think of a situation where you would want to have all rows to be adjusted the way LO does it. And I don't know of any other word processor that does it tat way. I've never been an Open Office user, but maybe I should install the current version to see what OO does. But I suspect it's the same situation.

I filed a bug on this and something else years ago. Others agreed with me on my comments. But nothing has changed.

When I was told in this mailing list that my issues weren't important, that's when I stopped being a regular user of LO. And I never will be again.

FYI, I got the table to eventually fit by selecting all the rows in the table, and manually entering a row height of .66 or .67.

I use LO very occasionally in this Mac, basically just to see what has been changed or added. And I don't think I have it installed on a Windows system.