krackedpress wrote

It would be nice to have the "still" description and link above that of
the "fresh" download and description.  That way, the "suitable for all
users" version is the first choice and the "recommended for technology
enthusiasts" listing would be second.  To me, that indicates the fact
that we feel it is "more important" to keep a version that all users can
use - from individuals to enterprises - and not stress the "enthusiasts"
version.  For me, I feel that the way it is shows LO/TDF is not for
businesses since you eye gravitates to the big boxed "tester version"
and you could almost overlook the link for the "business version link".

If we really want to promote LibreOffice as a office suite for
professionals, we need to have is shown first in the download page -
before any other version.  Maybe in the drop down menu, on the startup
page, could say "Business Version - Still" and then "Technology
Enthusiasts version - Fresh".  That will easily show the visitors which
version is for them.

That is a topic for the marketing folks, but I am comfortable saying no one
on the ESC sees it that way.

For project health we need more users on the Fresh, or even the master
branch. BZ is clogged with newly spun issues against branches already EOL,
majority of them already fixed and stock QA triage response is going to be
test with a current build. Project development simply moves on.

Rather we don't get to stable status for builds without testing--testing
requires use of the latest branch with patches pushed back as uncovered and
where feasible.  For example OpenGL support, and HarfBuzz with DirectWrite
based font rendering on Windows is really only just becoming stable at the
5.4.0 release--the 5.3 branch remains wonky depending on GPU/driver
combinations.

Issues would likely have been uncovered sooner if more folks had made the
effort to test against master in addition to Fresh builds. Installation in
parallel is trivial, so for folks invested in the project it is a low
threshold to contribute.