Hi :)
It sounds like the 'in-built' help package has not been installed.

When installing LibreOffice from the upstream website (ie the LibreOffice
website, as you would install stuff if you were using Windows) there are
usually 3 packages to install;
1.  The main installer for the LibreOffice program/suite itself
2.  The 'in-built' help file/package
3.  Your language, unless En-US is your language in which case this package
would be bundled in with the main installer.

So for the LibreOffice version from your repos you may need to use a
package-manager to search for "LibreOffice help" of "LibreOffice help
files" or something like that.  When i have installed LibreOffice in Ubuntu
in the past (when else right??) i'm sure the help-files were all selected
by default, automatically.  This behaviour may well have been changed
either temporarily or deliberately for many different reasons.

Personally i seem to remember the 'in-built' help seems to cause problems
for native-English-speakers whereas the "Published Guides" are excellent;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

The translations of the 'inbuilt' help into almost all other languages
other than English seem to be fantastic.  For the English version the team
that does the 'in-built' help has always been incredibly tiny and more
'geeky' than 'normal', and as a separate team from the one that works on
the published guides their process of review-proofreading etc has been
somewhat different too.  Recently quite a lot of work has been done on the
'in-built' help to make it more 'normal' for us to understand more easily.
However this work too is being done by non-native English speakers as it
requires unusual technical skills that The Documentation Team doesn't find
easy to learn.  Hopefully the in-built help will remain just as good to
translate from because it's always been particularly brilliant for that.

Good luck and many regards from
Tom :)