On 12/9/2016 12:11 PM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

I had not read the previous posts - removed from my email client.

Was the version of LO you were having problems with downloaded from
LO's site or from Ubuntu's repository?  I currently use version 5.2.3.3.

I never use the repository version or the PPA version.  I just
download it from LO's site, every so often.

I run Ubuntu Mate 16.04.  I stopped using Linux Mint since it was
having problems seeing most of my printers attached to my home/office
router. I started using Ubuntu in 2009 and have been using it for my
default system[s] since then.  I try other distros on my secondary
systems, though.

I typically get my programs from the Ubuntu repository and add new PPA
repositories for newer programs. I work through Synaptic. In the case of
my Ubuntu Mate 14.04, I added the PPA for LO 5.1.x and updated that way.
For my other experiments with live USBs, I've just used whatever came
with the Linux distro. They have all come with some form of LO 5.1.x.

So, the only odd variable I'm finding is the Ubuntu Mate.

For me at least, LO Calc 5.1.x works fine on my Linux Mint Cinnamon live USB
LO Calc 5.1.x works fine on a live Ubuntu 14.04 (Unity) USB
LO Calc 5.1.x works fine on a live Puppy Linux (Tahr) USB
LO Calc 5.2.3.3 works fine on my Windows 10 partition.

I'm only experiencing the degradation in performance with LO Calc 5.1.x
on my Ubuntu Mate 14.04 partition.

I may blow off the Mate flavor of Ubuntu and install the Unity version.
I haven't been fully satisfied with Mate anyway.

Virgil