Its messed up.. it does not function smoothly and if
something is posed one sheet and worked on it
for a couple of days and you want to copy part or
all of the stuff on sheet 1 to sheet 2 you discover
that it its not possible to copy the contents of one
sheet to another sheet in the same open Libre office
session the new copy in sheet 2 is a reference back
to sheet 1.. each cell in sheet 2 has appended to the
cell numbers a reference back to the copied from
sheet 1.  ( instead of =(2+4) nows has (sheet1.a2)
 + sheet 1.a4 so how do you make the
data on each sheet (the copied from and the copied two
independent of each other?

In earlier versions when you copied data and
computations from sheet 1 to sheet 2 the data and
computations operated
independently of each the copied from sheet. In 5.0
each copy references the data and calculations to the
copied from sheet and when you make entries in sheet 2
its very very slow and but if you really want a surprise
delete the data from the copied from sheet and the data
in the copied to sheet disappears as well. What a mess..

Libre Calc  keeps things in sheets..

so on sheet one you do a bunch of calculations
and decide to copy that part of your work to the next sheet sheet 2
then you look at the stuff in the cells on sheet two and they are
referenced back to the sheet 1.  making working on sheet 2
slow, difficult and rendering calc nearly inoperative and virtually useless..

LO 3.5.7.2 does not do that.. and it should not be done that way
the sheets should be able to be copied and made independent of
each other. Is there some way to do that?

I have many years experience with libre office and I am beginning
to see it fall apart right in front of my eyeballs. Very disappointing

What a shame.

I like 3.5.7.2 but this 5 in 64 bits is for the birds.. unless someone can fix it
I will go back to the earlier versions.

I recommend 5 be redesigned to fit the earlier very successful versions of
Calc..

Libre office has been the world´s open source flagship.. until now.