When I had Win7 and Ubuntu 14.xx?, upgrading to Win10 just messed with GRUB to the point that I did not get a boot option. It just booted to Windows. Simple to fix with a boot loader repair disk. BUT, not this "upgrade". IT has to break the "system" so it cannot boot to any OS, even Windows.

What the Anniversary upgrade did to that laptop [not my main one] was messing up everything so bad that GRUB could not find any OSs in the laptop. Then when I deleted and reinstalled GRUB, via the repair disk, Windows tried to boot up so it could finish the install. The problem was Windows caused a file system error where the partition needed to be repaired before it continued. I never say such a bad install attempt.

I have worked with Linux on-and-off since the later 90's, for work and classes. I switched to Ubuntu as my default OS in 2009. Before that I had a Windows laptop and a Linux desktop.

This laptop - I am typing from - goes to Windows several times a month to keep it up-to-date. I Windows decides to go crazy like the other one, I will be very unhappy.