You know, I withheld from starting this thread at the last minute because I was thinking of a better way to ask this that would lead me more quickly to the understanding of this issue, but I'd already pressed the send button, and instead of canceling the sending of the message I deleted the message from my sent folder. Without the message I couldn't rewrite it in a more useful way. And I didn't know if the message got through or not until just this moment when I saw the first reply.

At this point with my level of understanding I only have two choices. Either take the first reply as a "things are still the same" for now and try asking again when I am more experienced, or try to turn this thread into the way I was thinking would lead me to quicker understanding.

I think I will opt for leaving as it is for now. After all I was trying to cancel the message.
In any case thanks for your comments Brian.