Gary,
See attached for a working case when in LO Base.  You do have to be very
careful when using Base Queries (SQL) that everything is exactly correct
like where commas are placed (or not) and how quotes / half quotes are used
(or not).  So setting this up in Base will likely take more time than in
Calc.  You will have to judge if the final result in Base is best for your
needs.  Good Luck!