I've tried it with Debian/Stretch v5.1.2.2.0+ and Windows 7 v5.1.3. If I was running anything old or unusual, I would have noted it. The document is simple, as is the spreadsheet and the base file that connects them.

I tried changing the numbers to text but Base doesn't seem to allow that. It's decided that the columns for age and place are decimal numbers.

So far as I can see, either the number comparisons operate differently from the text comparisons (which the documentation doesn't mention) or the number comparisons are broken. Normally I'd consider that unlikely, but my past experience with printing "form letters" and labels is that these areas don't get a lot of attention.