On 2/9/16 2:23 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 09/02/16 03:23 PM, Dave Liesse wrote:
I've never had any luck with any of the Avery templates I've tried
(although my problem has been mostly with left-to-right adjustments
rather than top-to-bottom).  I finally just got in the habit of
setting my paragraph position as 1/8" into the label; fooling with the
template specs didn't do the job.

I've occasionally found problems with the labels but they are minor. For
small labels, like return-address labels, the print V. Pitch may be a
little off so the labels creep up or down a little as you go down the page.

I think this could also occur due to printer's paper feed abilities. In this case, the error is consistent.

There used to be a problem with multi-column labels but they seem to
have redone the label specification to correct that. When creating
labels, there is "Format" tab that lets you adjust the label properties.
In its new incarnation, it is easy to use and gives you exactly what you
need to adjust the properties of incorrectly specified common label
formats down to 1/100 of an inch.

In the end, I'll probably do this.

You can specify the top margin, label height and vertical pitch (the
last two may be different if there is space between the labels) and do
the same for the left margin, label width and horizontal pitch. They
also allow you to specify the page size and the number of rows and columns.

If you think a label isn't defined correctly, fix it. Also, file a bug
report so that the developers can fix it for everyone. It's better to
light a candle or two than to curse the darkness.

In this case, the label spec is correct. Font design will have to have a factor in this someway too, I suspect.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5