On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Andreas Säger <saegerei@t-online.de> wrote:

Am 04.02.2015 um 01:26 schrieb Alan B:
select * into text "newfile' from "Sheet1";

Well, it's obvious. Isn't it?

:-) when you put it that way.

Gave me hope for a moment it was my error. Unfortunately I must have made a
typo in my email. I went back with a corrected statement (below is cut and
paste from command window) and got the same error. :-(

select * into text "newfile" from "Sheet1";

1: syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting ':' or '?' or '['

also tried...
select * into text 'newfile' from 'Sheet1';
select * into text 'newfile' from "Sheet1";
select * into text 'newfile' from Sheet1;
select * into text "newfile" from Sheet1;
select * into text "newfile" from "Sheet1";
select * into text "newfile" from 'Sheet1';
select * into text newfile from Sheet1;
select * into text newfile from 'Sheet1';
select * into text newfile from "Sheet1";

All above are cut and paste from command window. All produced the same
error.

If {into text newfile} is removed and the command
select * from Sheet1;
is run the command succeeds with Sheet1 and "Sheet1" but fails with
'Sheet1'.