On 3/02/2015, at 22:55, Mark Stanton <mark@vowleyfarm.co.uk> wrote:

I've been thinking about this.

Firstly, the cut'n'paste solution isn't working here for me on the results (23 rows, perhaps ten
columns) of a query in SQL view with Fedora Linux (20) and LO 4.2.8.2 (please don't suggest I
upgrade to the latest as I'm using the OS repos, and there hasn't been any work on Base in that
time anyway)(has there?). It doesn't work in design
view either I now find.

You do not select the cells from an open query.
Just select the query in the Query panel i.e the actual name of the query and copy that.
Then paste that into your spreadsheet and all your data should be imported.

So don't open the query just copy the query name.

Hope this makes sense.

Tony Bray