On 06/12/14 12:38, Brian Barker wrote:

I'm not an expert, but I believe not. As you say, the Windows operating
system certainly works this way: a copy you purchase with a new computer
cannot be transferred. But I don't think this generally applies to
Microsoft's application software, such as Office.

Microsoft Office is distributed under a number of different licenses,
whose terms and conditions may include one of more of the following:
* Re-installable on the same computer;
* Not re-installable on the same computer;

* Transferable to a new computer;
* Not transferable to a new computer;

* Cloud only: not transferable to a new computer;
* Cloud only: transferable to a new computer;
* Cloud only: transferable between existing computers;

As a general rule of thumb:
* The more frequently one makes a payment, the less the license allows
one to;
* The higher the payment, the more the license allows one to do;

Some license options (with the resulting cost difference) are only
available in specific geographical areas.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English

  * English