Brian,
Thanks for your information. First, let me say that the reason I'm doing it this way is that I'd
been using an older computer in which I had Windows XP. I bought a new computer and the technician
suggested using Libreoffice (free of charge) software for writing, etc. Well, my old files were
written in Microsoft Word. So, I now wanted to use the Libreoffice Writer software to make changes
in the manuscripts. This was where I encountered the problem.
So far as eliminating the footer (page numbers) is concerned, I'd have no idea how to do this, but
it now appears that it's a moot issue, because I got so fed up with Libreoffice that I downloaded
some fairly pricey Microsoft software that I've already (as of this afternoon) started using. It
works beautifully -- smoothly, efficiently, and like a charm.
Thanks anyway for offering to help with the Libreoffice matter. No better than I am in
computer-land, I need some very efficient software that assumes only minimal computer expertise. It
looks as if Microsoft is willing to provide that -- in the event that we're willing to pay for it.
Joseph

     On Friday, December 5, 2014 12:38 PM, Brian Barker [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]