Hi.
I think the trick is to not calculate the difference/no. samples and keep adding but to calculate the difference and multiply by position over number of samples added to start time. For a quick test this seems to give times to 0.00 of a second and the finish time is always the finish time exactly.

i.e. for the 29th reading of 54 readings taken between 12:04 aqnd 12:36 the time is 12:04+28/53*(12:36-12:04)

Got to dash to beat the traffic, but can post the formula when I'm home.
Steve

.