Thanks for the replies.

                                          My earlier example was a
simplified version of the data I'm working with. When Brian & Wdragos
technique is applied to the 2026 samples I really have, it sort of works so
I can see what your talking about. I keep altering the incrementation that
takes place in this technique to try to get the last cell to say the stop
time.  It comes pretty close but is always off by a few minutes. The reason
for this is theres a limit to the precision you can do with Times in
OpenOffice Calc. Using the hr/mn/sec format you can't generate small enough
increments to get the generated times to match the stop time. If there was a
hr/mn/sec/fraction of a second format you could do it. In Calc theres  a
time format that looks like this, but in practice it doesn't 'roll over'
like say minutes or seconds.

It looks like Calc's stock functions won't do the job. I'm thinking of
getting around this by finding some source for a stopwatch program, and
maybe modifiying it to do something similar, but with a greater precision of
incrementation.