Hi :)
Yeh, i have always thought that giving the newest users the least stable
version is a bad idea.

At the moment it is only once you are familiar with LibreOffice and become
able to cope with problems more easily that you are able to get the least
buggy version!

One of the problems with the 2 branches is that what we really have is more
like;

1.  Stable branch
2.  VERY stable branch

It's not like one of the branches is ever unstable, development or anything
like that.  It's just that one has become even more stable.  So i can see
why people have trouble coming up with a name.  I really like Tim's (at
Kracked Press) idea.  That way really makes a lot of sense to me.

I agree that having some sort of BRIEF explanation on the page might help
people make up their minds which to choose.  The problem would be that a
lot of the explanations in this thread are more like politicians excuses
and end up obscuring the advantages of each instead of clarifying them.  I
can easily imagine both having the same description.

Regards from
Tom :)