Hi :)
I think the main point here is that it's an example of where Urmas is
really helpful and he/she deserves credit for that.  I didn't understand it
as it is too technical and beyond my understanding but it looks like
something that might be a good answer.  I avoid touching the Windows
registry but i'm guessing that Chris is able to assess the potential
problems there.

On a side-issue ...
The ones where Urmas does help are often highly technical.  That raises the
question of whether Urmas is a dev and just socially clumsy as so many are.
 Apparently Microsoft have recognised that many engineers and devs have
"high functioning" aspergers syndrome or, even further along the spectrum,
autism and that where both parents have such conditions their children are
much more likely to have the condition(s).  So apparently MS health
insurance covers the cost of their employees getting their children tested
for just those sorts of condition(s).  Mainstream society seems to consider
such conditions as "disabilities" but it seems that in some cases they can
actually be a benefit, as long as you can accept the social awkwardness and
social clumsiness that "comes with the turf".  Going out into the wider IT
community many of us probably have OCD traits and other conditions but
often at such low levels that we might not notice it.  Again a lot of this
might help with the work we do but probably doesn't help us be sociably
adept.  So i think we have to accept interesting oddities in the way we and
the people around us behave in order to benefit from the thing we/they are
good at.

Another side-issue ...
My email client turned that 1st paragraph purple to distinguish it from the
1 line answer and from the greeting.

Regards from
Tom :)