The ones where Urmas does help are often highly technical.  That
raises the question of whether Urmas is a dev and just socially
clumsy as so many are. Apparently Microsoft have recognised that many
engineers and devs have "high functioning" aspergers syndrome or,
even further along the spectrum, autism and that where both parents
have such conditions their children are much more likely to have the
condition(s).  So apparently MS health insurance covers the cost of
their employees getting their children tested for just those sorts of
condition(s).  Mainstream society seems to consider such conditions
as "disabilities" but it seems that in some cases they can actually
be a benefit, as long as you can accept the social awkwardness and
social clumsiness that "comes with the turf".  Going out into the
wider IT community many of us probably have OCD traits and other
conditions but often at such low levels that we might not notice it.
Again a lot of this might help with the work we do but probably
doesn't help us be sociably adept.  So i think we have to accept
interesting oddities in the way we and the people around us behave in
order to benefit from the thing we/they are good at.

<tongue in cheek>

You want to bitch about "social skills" of engineers?

I definitely don't want to and won't bitch about the "social skills",
much less the "technical skills" of braindead slimy weasels who don't
have a clue of elementary analytical-deductive logics and don't care to
get one, but still arrogate to "judge" as well as perpetrate their
pervert sadistic narcissistic imperiousness over those who happen to
have a higher IQ than a gully cover. Because anything I could say about
those apparent hominid lifeforms, no matter what words I use, would just
be a recklessly embellishing, dangerously softening euphemism.

FYI: *High intelligence* together with *honesty*, *sincerity*,
*authenticity* and *frank speech* aren't "disabilities" on the
*senders'* side. Anyone who's so cognitively challenged and pampered in
their psychotic self-delusion that they can't and don't want to take
facts the way they are better learn the "social skills" to deal with
physical reality and stop "shooting the messenger", i.e. those who
already have them. Because we others are pretty well fed up with
wasting our precious lifetime and brain bandwidth shielding you useless
heaps of biomass from the Darwin effect.

</tongue in cheek>

;->

Very sincerely,

Wolfgang

who keeps feeling like Nunez in the Country of the Blind when
"socially" interacting with the very vast majority of conspecifics