Greetings,
I am using Linux LO 3.6.7.2. I see that Draw still has problems rendering drawings correctly as an embedded object.

I am editing small graphics figures in my document using Draw. These figures contain a graphical outline of an item using lines, boxes and circles as well as other details such as text, dimension arrows and lines.

These figures are inserted as "objects" in my document, along with the "figure" frame and title. The problem is that although the graphics look perfect while in Draw, when I click outside the embedded draw object to return to the document, parts of the figure are not rendered properly in relation to the other graphics in the figure, such as boxes and circles. For example, the lines, arrows and text of the dimensions are offset vertically about 3/8" (by the "ruler") below the boxes, lines and circles of the item. That will not do. The horizontal relationship seems correct. The error is only in the vertical plane. I used the print preview to verify these rendering errors are going to be printed and they are.

Then I tried using Draw in stand-alone mode (not as an embedded object) to export the figure as a jpeg or png file and inserting that file into the document. I changed the Draw page margins to the 2" by 7.5" figure in order to exclude all but the figure. However, these export functions only allow full page saves, not the small 2" high by 7.5" wide figure I need. When inserting the file into the document, I get a lot of white space and my figure is tiny. Changing the height and width parameters in the Draw export window has strange effects and does not alter the full page export. Also the export width and height values interact with each other and do not allow specific settings. That is a moot point, since they don't seem to work as expected anyway.

It certainly looks like I cannot get what I reliably need from Draw. What I need to do should not be this difficult and frustrating. Worst case, I guess I could print the Draw figure, and use Xsane to scan and save the area I need to insert into my document. But that is silly and time consuming. Does anyone have a better solution?
Thanks.
Girvin Herr