Hi :)
+1
To clarify:  the higher that 3rd digit the more stable the release is (that
is a bit of a simplification but it kinda works well).

So if stability is the main issue then the 4.1.6 is better than the 4.2.1.
 The 1st and 2nd digits say more about features and advances in
compatibility with MSO formats but "you can't make an omelet without
breaking eggs" and the new features can sometimes cause unexpected problems
on some real-world machines.  Testing can only go so far.  So i tend to try
to get the highest 1st and 2nd digits for myself but give all my colleagues
the highest 3rd digit i can reasonably manage (without breaking a sweat).

Usual causes of crashing is an unstable version of Java.  All versions
become unstable quite quickly, often even before release.  If you have to
use Java try to keep updating it at least monthly.  Mostly we steer well
away from using Java if at all possible.  It is now highly unlikely that
you'll ever need Java active in LibreOffice so switch it off in LO
Tools - Options - Advanced/Java
and untick the box that asks if you want to use java.  If LO grumbles at
some point then you can always switch it on for that task and hopefully
switch off again afterwards.  The only exception is if you are using
Accessibility tools such as screen-readers or if you are using Base with
the internal back-end.

Another cause is low settings in "Memory"
Tools - Options - Memory
and just ramp everything right up.  The defaults are set for machines with
low Ram.

Hopefully that helps a bit?  i thought we had already gone through these
options so if it's still happening there is probably some other issue.  I'm
just hoping that some of the above was unclear before.
Regards form
Tom :)