It's a bit fiddly. You need to experiment a bit, because there are certain quirks in the process, and I don't remember them all off the top of my head. For example, you may find that you can only insert a page in front of an existing page, in which case, you will have to work from the last document, backwards. I'll assume here that you can insert after an existing page.

Copy the first document you want to merge, and open it in Preview. Open the thumbnails sidebar. Now open the next document, and open its thumbnails panel. The safest but slowest way to do this is to select one page at a time from the thumbnails of the second document, and drag that thumbnail into the thumbnail panel of the first document. Save your resulting document.

You have to be careful with the positioning of the inserted page, because you can end up with multiple documents within the target pdf. You might be Ok with that. This outcome seems to be more likely when you select multiple pages from the source document. Try it out. Make sure that, as you complete the merge of one document, you make a separate copy of the merged result, so that if things subsequently go wrong, you don't have to start from the beginning.

Let me know how you go.