On 1/29/2014 10:39 AM, Cley Faye wrote:
2014-01-29 Anthony Baldwin <baldwinlinguas@gmx.com>

When clients send me pdf files full of images to be translated,
  I often just snap a screenshot of them and manage the images in GIMP.
In such cases, I am reconstructing their document in LO (in English,
whereas the originals come to me in any of French, Portuguese or Spanish),
so then I just insert the images into the document in LO.

Just a quick "offtopic" remark: you can directly open PDF in GIMP​​ in the
resolution of your choice. This way you might be able to get better picture
quality (if the picture in the PDF is also high quality of course). I tend
to be on the cautious side and choose 300dpi, because sometime there's a
picture in there that's actually very high definition and I don't want to
notch it down with a simple screenshot :)

I did mention that possibility.
Most of those where I use screenshots are pdfs of scanned/photocopied documents, in black/white, and already in pretty poor quality.

Draw can also be useful in your process, as you can directly select images.
Assuming they didn't get chopped in multiple pieces, you can directly
copy/paste images from Draw to Writer ;)

Wow! I had no idea this was possible!
Awesome!

Tony

--