** Reply to message from Peter West <lists@pbw.id.au> on Wed, 29 Jan 2014
23:04:39 +1000

Peter,

Could you explain off list how to do it with Preview? I've looked it over and
there is no obvious way I can see to do it. Thanks.

Cliff

Another way to manipulate PDFs is with PDFBox.
https://pdfbox.apache.org/index.html

If you're on a Mac, you can just use Preview.

However, these things are not designed to modify the layout of pages.
PDF is a page definition format; it defines the layout of pages. There
are only very limited changes you can make.

Changing layouts means going back to sources and re-creating the PDFs.