♪͡♪♪͡♪Neil Ren♪͡♪♪͡♪ wrote
Thanks for the suggestion. After reading your reply, I suspect this might
be issues of LibreOffice on Windows (or more precisely Windows with asian
code page configured for non-Unicode applications) but not on Linux.

As for keyboard direct input, Windows appear to be somehow lagging behind,
allowing no non-zero plane code points.

I agree that this is probably not a LibreOffice issue. If you are using a
multitude of "exotic" code blocks and fonts you need to be very careful to
keep to the International code point standards. You also need to check that
you are using the same copy of the fonts and that you do not have various
versions confusing the issue.   It certainly makes this easier to use
Unicode which is why it is the default for the Internet.

♪͡♪♪͡♪Neil Ren♪͡♪♪͡♪ wrote
In my case, and possible in Windows' case, the system recognises Unicode
6.3. The font recognises the face but not the knife and fork, but
LibreOffice uses neither of the two.

You say that your system is not defined as Unicode, therefore it doesn't
recognise Unicode 6.3. It will then depend on whether the fonts you are
using do actually have the same characters at the same code point, and are
not "variations". LibreOffice uses Unicode as much as your system supports
the code points.
 I think that 6.3 is rather a red herring as it is the font that needs the
character. The �� character that you sometimes see in emails replacing an
apostrophe  is a good example of "mixing" character sets  and overwriting
Unicode.

Anyway, gives you something to think about, goof luck.. Peter