Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2013 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Hi :)  
It might be worth asking on the L10n (international translators) mailing list and the Documentation 
Team mailing list.  

The international translators focus on the in-built help but still do quite a bit to translate the 
official guides too.  The Documentation Team work on the official guides and might appreciate a bit 
of help tidying things up or else be able to help show why the tags are there (if there is a reason)
Regards from 
Tom :)  

 From: Milos Sramek <>
Sent: Friday, 13 September 2013, 12:52
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Translating odf files using omegat


I would like to translate the book Getting Started with LO 4.0 to 
Slovak. Translating directly the odt file is perhaps not a good idea, so 
I would like to use a tool with translation memory - I tried OmegaT. 
There is, however, a problem with tags:

For example, the sentence

*Quickstarter is installed in the Windows system tray and is 
automatically loaded during system startup.*

is displayed in the document without any formatting, using just the the 
Default character style

In OmegaT, however, it is displayed like this:

*<f10>Quickstarter is installed in </f10><f11>the Windows system tray 
</f11><f12>and is automatically loaded </f12><f13>during system startup.**
/(<fxx> are tag replacements and should not be touched/.)
This suggests that there are some tags inside this sentence, in spite 
the fact that I do not see any. Really, in the content.xml file inside 
the document we can see them:

*<text:span text:style-name="T65">Quickstarter is installed in 
</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T21">the Windows system tray 
</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T65">and is automatically loaded 
</text:span><text:span text:style-name="T21">during system startup. 
These tags in fact do not mean anything meaningfull:

*<style:style style:name="T21" 
style:family="text"><style:text-properties fo:language="en" 

Since there are several such tags for nearly each sentence, translating 
using OmegaT is not possible. I've checked if removing them manually 
from the content.xml filed changes anything - no, the document remains 
the same.
So, there is a way how to use OmegaT: one has to clean up the xml code 
by removing all these useless tags. Does anybody have an idea, how to do 
that? Do you happen to know such tool?


email & jabber:

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.