My documents tend to be *really* basic in terms of formatting. Typically, they are either legal or academic style papers. I'm a heavy user of paragraph styles and won't work without them.

I tend to do my entire document as an .odt and then at the end convert to .doc as necessary. I'd use the paragraph styles, but I would avoid LO specific methods.

Another option is a shareware word processor called Atlantis. It's a lightweight clone of pre 2007 Word (e.g., no ribbon) with a $35.00 registration. I often use it when Word compatibility is paramount. It does nearly everything *exactly* like Word. I honestly don't know why MS hasn't sued them, it's that close. It doesn't support tables, but other than that, it will handle simple formats very well and will produce a result that Word should read fairly well.

Virgil

-----Original Message----- From: Info/UX