Hi :D
Wow!! :)  You are kidding right?  We get a chance to help you for once rather than the other way
around??

1.  The instructions are out-of-date but only by 1 version number.  Desktop integration got pulled
into the main thing so you have already done that part. :)

2.  For this one we kinda need to know which Desktop Environment you chose for your openSuSE.  On
their downloads page they give 2 within 1 click, Gnome and KDE;
http://software.opensuse.org/123/en
but many others are within easy reach (allegedly)
Blackbox, GNOME, IceWM, KDE, LXDE, Openbox, WMaker, Xfce
some of which might be better on a lower spec or older machine so it's possible you went for one of
those.  If you copy&paste the name of the download then we might be able to tell from that.  If you
didn't get advice about which might be best then this list might have led you to get the Gnome one,
which is excellent.  KDE used to have a reputation for being heavy and slow but i think it's
reversed that in recent years.

Whichever one you have it is quite likely that all you need do is find LibreOffice in the menus,
right-click and choose "Add to panel" or "Add to desktop".  Adding to panel means getting a link
somewhere on your taskbar so it's much the same as the "Quick Launcher" in Xp, Win2k, ME, Win98 or
like the "pinned to taskbar" in Win7.  So it's not quite the same but does put it in easy reach all
the time.

Btw you can find the official openSuSE forums and stuff at
http://forums.opensuse.org/forum.php

i got that link from DistroWatch
http://distrowatch.com/suse
which lists the help forums, download sites and shed-loads more about each different distro.
There's very few it doesn't cover.  openSuSE is now 6th in their listings.

Also a more general forum (that covers many different distros so sometimes the answers need a bit
of minor interpreting (which we could do if you gave us their answers))
http://www.linuxquestions.org

Welcome in btw!!  Congrats on getting this far!
Many regards from
Tom :)