Hi :)
To "start the ball rolling" you could just post a quick bug-report without going through much of
the guide there.  It's not much different from posting an email.

You need a sensible subject-line that gives a VERY brief idea of what the actual problem is.  The
Users List can cope with appalling subject-lines such as "Problem with LibreOffice on my machine",
which is long and fails to tell us anything at all.  However for a bug report you really need
something better.  Perhaps "General input/output error with 4.1.0" or something.  Also keep the
contents of the message as on-point as possible too.

Then later on you can return with extra "strace" reports or whatnot and add them to your report,
again in much the same way as you can reply to your own messages in the threads in the emailing
list.  It helps to do that quite quickly to try to make sure that any QA staff have as much info as
you reasonably can to save them from having to add a new message saying "Needs more info".  If you
really do needs help producing the t4echie info they want then they are probably really helpful
with that but it's best to avoid taking up too much of their time, if possible.

Actually that does bring up the point about Marc's email earlier.  Many people here could easily
help with QA because there are a lot of reportrs that need the same type of help as each other so
you can copy&paste similar responses and gradually learn yor way in.  Also there are many tasks
that really don't need any technical skill at all.  Any little bit that anyone can do, especially
regularly, even if it's an hour/week or something, would be a huge help.
Regards from
Tom :)