Hi :)
I agree with both sides of this argument/discussion.  I do really like the fast-paced development
of LibreOffice.  Especially as it follows decades of being stuck in a quagmire.

That is why i suggest the approach of letting fast paced development continue as it is and having a
series of separate releases, perhaps once every 2 years or so, with only security-patches and
bug-patches being back-ported.

However the idea has been dismissed by the BoD as being unfeasible.  I am not quite sure how Ubuntu
manages to do it if it can't be done.

Of course there is another way to view this.  If you see AOO as being the LTS version of
LibreOffice then we have it covered already.
Regards from
Tom :)