Hi :)
Isn't it called Abiword?
Regards from
Tom :)

________________________________
From: Jay Lozier <jslozier@gmail.com>
To: users.global.libreoffice.org <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, 8 June 2013, 18:14
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] CNET is claiming the best free MSO alternative is not LO

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:59:13 -0400, Jean-Francois Nifenecker
<jean-francois.nifenecker@laposte.net> wrote:

Hi,

jumping in the bandwaggon..

Le 08/06/2013 18:33, Jay Lozier a écrit :

I think there is a basic agreement that at least 25% of the features in
MSO could be eliminated and no one would notice. I would not be
surprised if LO and AOO could eliminate about 20% of the features
without anyone noticing. I am suggesting any features be eliminated just
that all office suites could probably go on a feature diet and actually
improve their products. Just that some need a more rigorous diet than
others.

An idea I've been having for 20+ years now is: how about an office
automation tool (wordprocessor, spreadsheet, whatever) that would come
with the bare minimal features (define: bare minimal) and could be
"enhanced" by adding features through a plugin system à la LibreOffice
extensions?

This way, anyone could tailor the software to their exact needs and the
tools devs would focus on dedicated areas to add features.

I like the concept that are core features combined with extensions/plugins
to add little used features. Also, extensions/plugins would allow the dev
team to focus on the core code and not run done every minor feature that
is wanted. And the extenstions/plugins could be developed and maintained
by others who are not part of the dev team.

This requires determining what are truly core features and have a robust
API/SDK to make extension development more robust.
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com