     Comments inline:

On 04/30/2013 11:45 AM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
Do you use styles?
The point with OO/LO is that unfortunately, like Word, its style concept
does not allow to work in the "structure markup" way.
     What do you mean by a "structured markup" way? Please be specific.

So, even if you tried to use styles consistently, you wouldn't be able
to benefit from it the way you can with e.g. LyX/LaTeX or document
processors like Wordperfect or Framemaker (or any other document
processing application that I know of - except LO/OO and Word).

Just look at the official documentation (which would be supposed
to be a showcase of how to work with LO) and try to work with it. For
example, to make the documents actually readable, try something as
simple as replacing the body text typeface with one actually made
for readable text.
How about some specific answers instead of aaccusations? What font is unreadable? (I have been able to read them easily for more than a decade.) Why is it unreadable? What font would you prefer were used instead. What chapter and Guide are you referring to as official documentation? What version of LibreOffice was used to produce it? (This is found below the Copyright.) What paragraph style was used by LO to define the fount that was used? Why can't a person change the font from what it is to what you would prefer? I actually work with styles beginning first in OOo 1.0.2 and continuing up to today. What is it that I have been doing could have been done easier and quicker?

In any document processing application with a well-implemented style
concept, this would require the change of one single definition in
one style. With LO/OO, just like with Word, you're in for a whole day of
work. Because you'll have to modify each and every style individually
and besides, due to invisible (and incorrectible) "bugs" in the
formatting parts of the documents will still require manual
re-formatting. And once you're done with that, besides a seriously
strained wrist, you still have an unstructured spaghetti document.
Please give us a specific example of what you are talking about. What bugs? Why are they causing problems. What has to be manually re-formatted? How about an example of a structured document and an unstructured spaghetti document?

--Dan

This is why I wouldn't use LO to teach what structure markup (e.g.
"styles") is about in the first place. And why I don't use it for
*writing* documents. Only for generating them from databases.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang