Thank you for asking.
Yes, I did post a [SOLVED] message the other day.
No page numbers now and hyperlinks working.

(2013/04/09 3:58), Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Has this been resolved yet?  I found ToCs difficult to understand at first but after playing around
with them while reading the published guides (errr, and using another chapter of the published
guides as a quick way of generating a document large enough to need a ToC) i found i did end up
with a clickable ToC but it's only clickable when exported to Pdf.  In Odt it needs Ctrl along with
clicking but that seems to be fairly standard.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Regards from
Tom :)
If I may add a word.
When trying to tackle a problem / understand a feature I have not used in the past ... I almost always have a printed copy of the documention in one hand while tapping my way through the computer jungle with the other hand ...
In this case (chapter 12 of the Writer guide): remove page numbers from TOC.
There is no mentioning of "remove page numbers" "exclude page numbers" "delete page numbers" etc. as far as I can tell. The only thing that points into that direction, which I only understood after advice I got on this list, was the mentioning of
"you can delete items from the structure (by selecting and deleting them)"

Maybe I am just too slow to get it in the first place.
But I intend to keep trying.
Thomas