Hi Jeff,

Jeff Shrowder schrieb:
Another problem I have with LO (ver. 4.0.1.2) is that when I try to
print a booklet - let's say a 4 page A5 booklet - on A4 it prints pages
1  and 4 in landscape across the portrait-oriented A4 page rather than
along it. Pages 2 and 3 are similarly affected.

The settings I use are the same as for LO 3.5. The layout image in the
Print dialogue box is the same as in 3.5 so, everything being equal, I
should get the right result. But I don't.

"Same setting" does not help us, because we do not know your setting. Booklet printing works for me, so perhaps I describe my way and you can compare it to your way.

Precondition: You document is written in A5. Your printer can duplex printing.
1. In normal view use LO print dialog via File > Print.
2. Click on printer properties to get the dialog of your printer driver. Set your printer to use DIN A4 paper. In finishing set the orientation to landscape, and enable duplex printing on printer. OK. 3. In LO print dialog click on tab 'Page Layout' and there on option 'brochure'.
4. OK to print

If your printer cannot duplex printing you need to turn the sheets manually. The printer manual should have a guide for that. For me it would be in addition to the settings above: Step 1: Set 'front page' in drop down 'Includes' on the tab 'Page Layout'. Print.
Step 2: Put the sheets back into the tray.
Step 3: Set 'back page' in drop down 'Includes' on the tab 'Page Layout' and mark 'In reverse page order' on tab 'General'. Print.

Kind regards
Regina