On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:30:26 PM Doug wrote:
On 02/20/2013 11:53 AM, upscope wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:45:19 AM Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
DocX is really bad for sharing with people unless you be be fairly
certain
they are using the same version of MS Office on the same version of
Windows.

The older MS format, Doc for 97/2000/Xp/2003 is still currently the best
format for sharing files.

/snip/

Finally, someone writes some sense.

The other day, I received a docx file to edit. LO opened the file, and
I edited it. I saved it in what LO thinks is docx. Then I discovered that
_even LO could not open the saved file!_  It could not even open the
file that it, itself, had created!

So _do not_ save a file from LO in docx format!
What version of LO are you using. I just saved a copy of the March newleter I
am getting ready (.odt) to .docx (2007 /2010 XML) and it can be saved and
opened again.But it does lose the document formatingg but all the graphics are
there and text is their. (Frames appear to be lost, but the text exis there)

Back to earlier suggested tests

Russ
---
openSUSE 12.2(Linux 3.4.28-2.20-desktop x86_64)|KDE 4.10.00
"release 546"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce
8400GS(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.60)