Hi :)
Cool :) Thanks :)  So, time to post a bug-report?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

The only advantage with docX is that, like Odt, you can rename the file-ending to zip and then dig
out the pictures from the "images" folder.  It's a pain to get the images back into the right place
but hopefully all this might get smoother in the future.

Perhaps install 3.6.3 alongside 4.0.0 or perhaps just stick with the more stable branch for a bit
longer and try the 4.0.x a bit later?
Regards from
Tom :)