Hi Stephen,

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 06:57 +1100, Stephen Morris wrote:
     I have Eclipse with the OpenOffice plugin to enable development of
extensions for Libreoffice. Can someone tell where I can get
documentation on the Libreoffice Calc internals and how to interface
specifically to things like the Pivot Table dialogue so that it can be
extended. I want to work around the fact that Pivot Tables in Calc 3.6.5
are functionally not equivalent to Excel 2002 let alone Excel 2010?

        Oh - that's bad :-)

     I was also thinking of developing these extensions in Java, are
there any issues with doing so?

        Well - if you develop this in Java then it's unlikely to get into the
code code. Also - you'll have a rather grim time trying to get
everything you want, and (I suspect) you'll find embedding into
arbitrary dialogs is not really easy at all.

        So - I -strongly- recommend just checking out the code, compiling it
and poking the developers list for some code pointers to that dialog.

        Adding the features you need to the core, so everyone can enjoy them
out of the box is almost certainly the best way to achieve your goals -
and (after all) C++ is not so distantly related to Java :-)

        Does that make sense ?

        Thanks !

                Michael.