On 01/07/2013 03:19 PM, kahu wrote:
My company has provided ".dotx" files as a template for me to use, but I
cannot open it correctly rendered in LibreOffice 3.6.4 or LO-dev 4.0 Beta 2.

Essentially the header and footer are protected fields created in Word 2010
with graphics and text, and the body is open for text, but supposedly with
limitations of manipulation.

When I open the file I have a page that looks blank with a field to type in,
but the header and footer seem stripped out, and I can manipulate more than
I think I am supposed to.

Is "dotx" supported by LibreOffice, is there anything I can try to remedy
this?

I'm happy to supply the document if that would be helpful.

From MS Word I've saved the file as a "doc" and then worked from
there--which mostly works.  It preserves the content and formatting of the
header and footer 90% (margins are off a little).  But I do not have MS Word
formatting restrictions applied.

Another example of a "dotx" template file converted to "doc" in Word locks

In LO 3.5 (linux) I get the header & footer as frames.

If I expand the header frame I can see:
"Jared and Kim Meidal   WORLD IMPACT-THE OAKS
jmeidal@worldimpact.org 18651 Pine Canyon Rd.
kmeidal@worldimpact.org Lake Hughes, CA 93532
        (661) 724-1018"

If I expand the footer I can see:

"Camping and Conference ministry of WORLD IMPACT, INC.
NATIONAL OFFICE                             2001 S. Vermont Avenue Los
Angeles, California 90007
(323) 735-1137
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/World.Impact.Inc • E-mail:
wiinfo@worldimpact.org • Website: www.worldimpact.org"

And I can see the logo in the upper right corner.

In 3.6.4.3 (linux & Windows) I get the same results as you (blank).

IIMO it's a bug.