On 01/10/2013 05:21 AM, e-letter wrote:
On 08/01/2013, kahu <jmeidal@worldimpact.org> wrote:
My company has provided ".dotx" files as a template for me to use, but I
cannot open it correctly rendered in LibreOffice 3.6.4 or LO-dev 4.0 Beta
2.

Here we go _again_: why didn't the company provide you with m$ along
with the template?

Yes, here you go... again.

Real world situations sometimes aren't what we may like. For example,
have you ever tried to convince a local government to not provide .dotx?

<http://www.sccgov.org/sites/ec/jobseeker/careerskills/Pages/application_process.aspx>

"Employment Connection offers a Job Application Template which may be
used as a guide for completing job applications at any employer. Below
are instructions for preparing and completing our Job Application Template."

<http://www.sccgov.org/sites/ec/SiteCollectionDocuments/master_application.docx>

Now I suppose that one could go to the next SCC (the home of Silicon
Valley btw) public meeting & request a change. Or contact the department
responsible for the web page. (I might to all) But in reality I suspect
that it would take an act of <deity> to get them to add an .odt anytime
soon. Do you think I could get them to issue a copy of MSO to every
citizen in the county?

Forget the fact that some older versions of MSO will not be able to open
the .dotx without a huge downloaded extension... At least LO users are
able to open the .dotx. Unfortunately, the result is not useable in LO
without major document modifications (LO 3.6.x and 4.0dev).
In the meantime, I'm thankful that LO does open the dotx files and that
the filter(s) are improving. I suggest that the filters do improve due
to folks testing/trying & then providing bug reports when the filter(s)
does not work as expected.

But we've all been through your (IMO) uncalled for blather before,
haven't we? How about either contributing to the technical aspect of
this thread, or not commenting at all?

<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>